AFTER Dr. Charles Gerba was hired as an expert witness to testify on behalf of the sludge company (Wheelabrator/Biogro/Waste Management) in the pending lawsuit regarding the death
of 26 year old Shayne Conner from exposure to sludge in Greenland, NH, in 1995, Dr. Gerba
made the following statements:
"The pathogens found in biosolids are primarily transmitted by ingestion and not inhalation."
"The organisms found in biosolids primarily infect the intestinal tract and are referred to as enteric pathogens for that reason. They cause diarrhea or other intestinal problems."
"Enteric bacteria ... are not usually transmitted by aerosols.'
"No transmission of enteric pathogens by aerosols from biosolids has been reported in the scientific literature."
Dr. Gerba also said the pathogens "die off quickly"
|BLO fecit 20010925||LINKS||